What is TeleHealth?
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services defines telehealth as, "The use of electronic information and telecommunication technologies to support long-distance clinical health care, patient and professional health-related education, public health and health administration. Technologies include video conferencing, the internet, store-and-forward imaging, streaming media, and terrestrial and wireless communications."
In today's digitially-driven and fast-paced world, people are seeking to streamline their lives, and complete tasks and handle responsibilities electronically. This trend has not stopped short of the healthcare world. Many physicians, therapists, and specialists are currently offering telehealth services, and trends show that more providers are opting to provide these services due to the growing number of benefits associated with telehealth practices for both the provider and the patient/client.
Novus Leaf is pleased to offer online video sessions, using a private and secure, HIPAA-compliant telemedicine software platform. All you need is a private, quiet place to talk, and a phone, tablet, or computer with a reliable WiFi connection!
What are some of the many benefits of online therapy?
- Increased access to care; reduced barriers to treatment for those living in remote areas or on college campuses.
- Increased privacy; you don't run the risk of running into someone you may know in the waiting room.
- Efficiency; eliminate hectic and time-consuming commutes to and from appointments.
- Safety; no need to drive in severe weather conditions, and you will reduce exposure to illness sitting in waiting rooms.
- Convenience and comfort; therapy in the comfort of your own home.